This course enables the development of a set of skills that enable professional practice in a specialized way, deepening skills according to the Nutrition Care Process. It offers the possibility of acquiring knowledge and practices in terms of diagnosis and nutritional intervention according to the clinical guidelines of each pathology and the knowledge and application of gold-standard tools adjusted to each clinical context.
This Master's degree entitles* to obtain the specialty in Clinical Nutrition.
*For nutritionists with at least 5 years of professional experience in clinical nutrition.
In partnership with Lisbon School of Health Technology (ESTeSL)
3 reasons to choose this program
It is intended that the master's students develop skills in the areas of prevention and treatment of nutritional problems inherent to the population in general and to the sick individual, namely institutionalized.
This Master degree has a close connection with FMUL's Nutrition Laboratory, an entity of recognized merit in medical research in Portugal
It provides master's students with opportunities for contact with research directly related to clinical practice.
- Develop and deepen knowledge of nutrition applied to healthy individuals and those with pathology;
- Recognize and evaluate the importance of clinical nutrition as therapy in different pathologies;
- Guide, advise, program, implement, monitor and evaluate nutritional support in hospital and outpatient settings;
- Carry out diagnosis, intervention and nutritional monitoring according to the individual's clinical situation;
- Recognize the importance of areas very closely related to clinical nutrition such as the management of nutrition services, public health and nutrition, food safety, nutrition-related psychology, as well as statistics and research and technologies of information and communication.
- Conducting a nutritional diagnosis according to the clinical situation;
- Nutritional intervention on an outpatient basis, inpatient or home support according to the nutritional diagnosis;
- Monitoring the evolution of nutritional status and adherence to established nutritional therapy;
- Management of the Nutrition Department;
- Statistics, research and information and communication technologies applied to clinical nutrition.
Graduates or the legal equivalent in Nutrition Sciences, Dietetics and Nutrition, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Health Sciences, and related areas, subject to curricular assessment.
Conditions for Admission
Candidates are ranked according to the curricular assessment, which can be eliminatory, according to the following criteria and weighting:
- 1. Grade obtained in the previous degree: 15%
- 2. Academic area: 30%
- 3. Professional experience in the area: 35%
- 4. Motivation expressed in the motivation letter: 20%
If justified, an interview may be conducted.
To apply please visit: https://fenix.medicina.ulisboa.pt
Candidates who already have a CAMPUS account (who are attending or have attended a course at the Faculdade de Medicina), must start the application at https://fenix.medicina.ulisboa.pt
To access must log in with the Campus account and then access the Candidate menu (at the top of the page) to start the application.
If you don’t remember the username or password of the account click HERE and follow the instructions for the recovery of the username or password. If you cannot retrieve your username or password trough the recovery mechanism, you should send an email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org with the following data: full name; student number; course number identification; ID number (BI/CC); External email.
Applicants who do not have access to the Campus account (Fenix) should register HERE.
After creating your account you will receive in your email the username after which can start the formalization of the application in https://fenix.medicina.ulisboa.pt