The Department of Medical Education (DEM) is a structural unit of FMUL that will promote Teacher Training, Evaluation of Teaching Learning Processes, Research in Medical Education and the Monitoring of Clinical Education.
When and how
- New vision and social responsibility of the Medical School (social accountability)
- Scientific approach in education
- New approaches to student teaching, learning and assessment
- Need to combine priorities in Education with Health.
MEDICAL EDUCATION PROGRAM
In the 2018/2019 and 2019/2020 academic years DEM offers an 'educational menu' with short Training Actions (TAs).
The goal is to offer very practical contents ready to be used in daily teaching practice according to areas of interest.
The TAs will be held monthly during lunch break (from 1 pm to 2 pm) at Anfiteatro Cid dos Santos (Piso 2).
Isabel Pavão Martins
Head of DEM
Professor Luís Soares de Almeida
Vice-Head of DEM
- Pavão I. Patricio M. 2016. Avaliação estruturada das competências clínicas: Exame Clínico Objetivo e Estruturado (Objective Structured Clinical Examination – OSCE) em Manual de Pedagogia. Conselho Pedagógico. FMUL, Lisboa
- Vaz-Carneiro A, Patrício M, 2016 Formação Médica Contínua em Portugal: Uma Nova Era?Acta med Port dec;29(12) http://dx.doi.org/10.20344/amp.8540
- Patricio M. 2016. The ASPIRE initiative: Excellence in student engagement in the school.Educación Médica Volume 17: 3 109-114