Research and Advanced Education
Celebrating 30 years of GAPIC
Anniversaries are moments in which we can review our past and plan our future.
As such, to mark the 30 YEARS OF GAPIC, we would like to THANK everyone who has made GAPIC what it is today
- from its first mentor, Prof. David Ferreira;
- to those who have carried out research, the GAPIC ALUMNI;
- to the supervisors and revisers of our scientific projects;
- to the RESEARCH DAY session moderators;
- to the FMUL and other entities (AstraZeneca Foundation, CHULN, Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation & Merck) that have continually, every year without fail, funded our research programmes;
- to AEFML, who have brought new contributions every year;
- to the library for its help in the PREPIT study, which aims to evaluate the impact of early exposure to the practice of scientific research;
- and to the members of various coordination teams at GAPIC, including technical assistance who over the past 30 years has ensured personalised contact with all its users, and has recorded and reported all activities at GAPIC.
Let's all raise a toast: LONG LIVE SCIENCE! LONG LIVE RESEARCH! which is at the heart of Medicine and is the way to foster critical thinking and guarantee the best clinical practice.
And for the future, what do I hope for GAPIC?
- The reinforcement of its catalysing role throughout the ENTIRE spectrum of biomedical research, which has contributed to effectively connecting all entities of the Lisbon Academic Centre of Medicine since 1989, and to helping fill the gap that divides aforementioned basic research from clinical research.
- The ability to communicate the foundations of research to a higher number of junior doctors, since any doctor has the obligation to critically monitor the development of their knowledge, analyse their ethical reasoning, publish their unique clinical cases and make research centres address questions that arise from their clinical practice.
- The contribution to captivating/motivating a larger number of researchers in Biomedicine.
- And openness to involving the new and all ideas, stimulating scientific debate.
CONGRATULATIONS TO GAPIC FOR 30 YEARS!
Professor Dr. Ana Espada de Sousa