Academic Year: 2018/19 | Classes Beggining: OCT’18
The information does not dispense with the consultation of the public notice
Prof. Ana Abreu (FMUL) – Coordinator
Prof. Fausto Pinto (FMUL)
Prof. Helena Santa Clara (FMH)
Prof. Catarina Sousa Guerreiro (FMUL)
Cardiovascular Rehabilitation allows, as a secondary prevention strategy, to recover the patient after acute cardiovascular event, globally, in a multidisciplinary way. This process will decrease incapacity, allowing early return to work and postponing retirement, improve quality and quantity of life and reduce psychological negative effects and cardiac events, which otherwise would be more severe due to repetition and progression of disease. At an earlier phase, not less important and in continuity with secondary prevention, primary prevention should also be considered a priority in health investment.
In the scope of Medicine, as a whole, jointly investigation and clinical practice integrate the scientific knowledge and correspondent implementation. Clinic is based in scientifically proven results, involving pathophysiological mechanisms and therapeutic interventions effects. On the other hand, clinical activity also serves to support clinical investigation, allowing to question established assumptions and achieving new conclusions.
The University of Lisbon, together with the Hospital de Santa Maria, gather the ideal conditions, necessary to the construction of a great project, innovative, reuniting the clinical and investigation components, allowing to offer the patients, and to the general population, a unique service with important consequences at the level of health promotion and cardiovascular disease prevention.
The Lisbon School of Medicine, is a national pioneer in the first Master of Cardiovascular Rehabilitation, contributing to the excellence of professional specificity and scientific investigation in this area.
The Course of Master of Cardiovascular Rehabilitation includes as main purposes:
- To promote the excellence on specific professional training of health professionals, who integrate or intend to be part of multidisciplinary cardiovascular prevention and rehabilitation teams
- To develop rigorous advanced scientific investigation in the area of cardiovascular primary and secondary prevention and rehabilitation.
At the end of the Master Course, the students should have acquired:
- Knowledge in the areas of health sciences, specifically in medicine, but also in nutrition, psychology, exercise and also in communication and education in health sciences
- Specificity in the performance of exercise programs and counselling in physical activity and sports for cardiovascular patients and high risk individuals
- Competences to integrate and/or coordinate multidisciplinary teams, in the context of cardiovascular prevention and rehabilitation programs
- Capacity for Integration in hospital management or health politics teams in primary and secondary prevention
- Tools to participate and/or to leader investigation projects in the areas of health sciences, related to Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation.
Due to multidisciplinarity of cardiovascular prevention and rehabilitation, with several health areas involved, those who have a basic training in the scientific areas transversal to the course, allowing to catch up with the scientific contents, may apply:
- Grade of Medicine, Sports Sciences – Exercise Physiology, Nursing, Psychology or Sciences and Technologies of Health – Nutrition, Cardiopulmonary Technicians, Physiotherapists
- Grade of Master in Exercise and Health.
The knowledge of English Language is considered an essential criteria, once main bibliography is English and foreign candidates and invited faculty may be present.
Maximum 25 registrations will be accepted for the Master Course on Cardiovascular Rehabilitation.
Registration is open for external participants to the Seminars on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention of the Master Course in Cardiovascular Rehabilitation
The fee for the registration in the Seminars in each curricular unit is 50€ for candidates belonging to the Community of the Academic Medical Center of University Lisbon and 70€ for other candidates.
Registration in the Seminars is done by completing the application and payment of the respective fee to the following entity:
NIB: 001800003666547200180 || IBAN: PT50001800003666547200180
The application for the frequency of the Seminars and proof of payment should be sent to the email firstname.lastname@example.org.